Hotline aimed at helping those who have lost jobs, insurance
FLORIDA Health is offering assistance through a new hotline aimed at helping individuals and families who have lost health insurance coverage find temporary coverage while they are unemployed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to a news release, the hotline is free to residents and advisors are available to discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of scenarios, such as:
- Continuing an employer’s existing plan for those who have recently lost a job (COBRA and other options)
- Applying for coverage via a spouse’s benefit program
- Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Medicaid for those that meet certain criteria
- State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a life-changing event like job loss
The Health Coverage Hotline is available to anyone needing assistance Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 1 (800) 864-8813 officials said.
“These services are offered at no cost; Florida Health is not representing any other company or selling insurance plans,” officials said in a news release.